18 April 2007

More hot dots

Once you get started on these little quilts (magazine-page size), it's hard to stop! They are quick to finish, so one leads to the next as ideas bubble up.This one is too regular (quite apart from the wavy top edge) and is also a lesson in what will happen if you fuse over a seam. Because of trying to be precise, and drawing out the circles, it took a long time to do. In the others, the circles are cut freehand.This is my favourite so far, with the french knot inset. It now has all its "seedy" quilting (though I quite like it without the quilting too). Another bonus of this size: it can be carried around and the handwork done on trains etc.
Just as I was running out of that intense shot-turquoise fabric, I found some more at a car boot sale, in the form of (allegedly) designer label trousers. Expensive at £1.50! Now I need to dye some more orange, and get this out of my system.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the middle one's my favourite too :)

artmixter said...

Was the pun deliberate? Ideas bubble up, indeed!