27 April 2007

Pitt Rivers Museum, Oxford

An old-fashioned museum - crowded with artifacts, and rather dimly lit. An amazing, wonderful place! Several people from Contemporary Quilt went there to see the Treasured Textiles exhibition -- not realising that there would be an easter-holidays activity in the exhibition space. We photographed as best we could, then went into the main museum to do some drawing. I was allowed to take one of the sheets the kids were colouring in -- and have used fabric to "colour in" this measley creature --

2 comments:

The WestCountryBuddha said...

The Pitt Rivers is one of my favourite places. I always find something new and adore pulling open the drawers. Last time I went, I forgot my glasses and could hardly see a thing in the gloom though - they should provide torches!! I like your spotty creature too - you're into spots at the moment aren't you?!

Kate North said...

I forgot all about the Pitt Rivers - thanks for reminding me. I used to live in Oxford for a short while (as a student) and though I'm not there very often anymore, on my next trip, I will be sure to check out the Pitt again...