30 November 2007

Monoprinting

City Lit had a two-Sunday workshop on monoprinting, led by Sharon Finmark. What fun to be in the print room with the presses and drying racks:
Working away with our palettes and plates and brayers:
On the second day, most people were using colour:Tony used leaves picked up in the street as a resist: The brayer leaves marks of varying weight:I used black ink both days - and came up with a lot of "rain" prints, on paper:and on fabric:In the week between sessions, I stitched a little piece to be used for printing, first with ordinary thread and then with thread almost too thick to fit through the needle and found the back went all loopyBoth sides were useful for printing - especially on tissue paper.The oil in the ink will eventually rot fabric, but I printed some fabric anyway -Overall, these are my favourites -

3 comments:

Pat said...

Looks as though you had a great time, I love the loopy stitched piece.

Linda B. said...

ENVY!

Oh to spend time in a print room.

I've been looking at Dijanne Cevaal's working of prints and wondering...

I can see how you could work a simila r series with these pieces.

magsramsay said...

Fab!! I just love monoprinting as a technique. Lucky you to have access to print racks, when I've used printing inks they took ages to dry - I've a got a stack of prints on lovely Japanese papers all stuck together!! On a Cas Holmes workshop we used acrylics on fabric - have to work quickly but get good results.