19 July 2008

Rearrangement

In these currently cloudy, gloomy days, I need to sit in maximum daylight to be able to see what I'm handsewing. So I moved the sewing machine table, so that the ironing board could go under the window. The strip lights under the shelves will be useful. And the table just fits between the sets of drawers that hold threads (on the left) and paints etc (on the right). To clear room for the sewing table, heaps of fabric ended up on the bed, and lots of things joined the permanent clutter on the worktable (bottom left).

I wanted to do some cutting out, so had to clear off the worktable. Here are some of the things that turned up: a small picture of flowers --
a bagful of beads, bought at least a year ago and promptly forgotten -
bobbins for the PQ1500, from the Brother stand at FoQ last year -- two people conferred on what the right size was, and they agreed this was it -- but they were wrong! Don't know if I can be bothered to take them back...
Less than an hour after starting, here's the cleared table. Frequently used supplies (and the lifetime accumulation of sketchbooks) are on the shelves behind, big pieces of paper (and my handyperson DIY tools) on the shelves underneath.
This is as good as it gets. I'll have to guard against using that nice bare corner as a dumping ground.

There are, of course, a few corners that these photos don't reveal. (And a bedful of heaps of fabric.) We all say "I have too much" - and use max.20% of what's on hand - but paring it down is going to be a big job.

No comments: