04 December 2008

UFOs

These are both at least five years old, and without this photo I might have forgotten about them altogether. Yet at the time they heralded significant steps forward.

On the left, "Tide Line", started in a workshop with Dijanne Cevaal - in this piecing method, there is no need to exactly match corners - very liberating! It needs binding and a little attention to the applique starfish. It was quilted on my then-new PQ1500, and it was a struggle. My machine quilting has definitely moved on since then - practice, practice!

On the right, "Flash in the Pan", a double bed sized extravaganza, half quilted and needing inspiration for quilting the other half of the blocks. This is a "splinter quilt", my take on the insertion method taught by Alison Schwabe.

1 comment:

Eva said...

So beautiful! I hope you will have time and motivation to finish them.