27 March 2009

End-of-year show

Going round looking at the work of the group doing the foundation course before us, we were thinking - or at least I was - "what on earth will my own show look like?" But I decided not to worry about that yet, because the main reason I'm doing this course is to see what happens - to surprise myself.

In the show, there were lots of videos, and things to amuse -
to gaze at and enjoy -
to amaze --- pottery and prints on the wall on an elephant theme, the transfer-printed plates with the addition of family photos, the napkins also part of the them, and the table hand-carved -
to think about -
to mull over --- the drawings held up by pins with intriguing numbers on them, and connected to the ?window ?pigeonholes by roads that became ... what ...
This was all done with mirrors -
and surely the rats are the talking-point of the show -
Afterwards, the helpers at the bar headed off to the pub -

No comments: