30 April 2009

Some more Little Gems

These now have their labels sewn on and have been posted on the Little Gems website.
"Time and Tide" has a sheer layer olding down the fabric underneath, and is quilted in (my favourite!) parallel lines - "Square peg round hole" is a way of putting to good use the bondawebbed bits of fabric that you cut circles out of. I like the way those square bits can be stretched to reveal the cut where the scissors have entered -
"Measure for measure" uses teeny scraps of silks, originally intended for postcards. I just couldn't throw those lovely colours away...nor could I resist buying a fat quarter of the tape-measure fabric. The only quilting - maybe it's too little? is around the central panel. But that panel does have a lot of stitching on it -

1 comment:

Béatrice de Lausanne. said...

Hello mane.
How can your manage all these art lessons and your work ? Are you still working ? On my blog there is now a lady, teacher, from France, putting lot of messages. I can awser on her blog.
Often, i wisch to add messages on your blog, but can pass throug. no letters appear ( ? ) Orthographe ... !!!
As friends tell me on my blog.
Kisses.Béatrice de Lausanne.
PS. Have you been on my blog, Lyon story...Have been there last week, to picture jaccard weawers machines, (métiers à tisser ), to my culturelle window about * le fil *. Will appear on my blog soon.