24 September 2009

It's not all about pots

After all those posts about ceramics and other non-textile-related things, I started to wonder if there's any fabric and thread in my creative life these days! Good news -- it hasn't completely disappeared. Today I'm off to Berlin for a long weekend, and am taking a sewing kit along for the train journey -
These are snippets towards "something" about languages ... the marks represent writing (or speech) seen or overheard and not understood. Using the black fabric as background and frame is an idea from Dorothy Caldwell's class at FOQ last year.

One of these "mark making" pieces got favourable comments in my course assessment in July - which rather encourages me to go on with them!

1 comment:

beatrice De said...

have a nice week end to that wanderfull city of Berlin.

Say hello to Nefertiti. When I sought her, april 2008, a dream camr trought.

Bisoux. BĂ©atrice.