26 April 2010

Next exhibition

On the way home from the City Lit final show, having dismantled my Journey piece, Tony and I stopped at a gallery local to him and somehow got talking about having a show there - exhibiting my mixed media work (including textiles) and his photos. And now it's really happening - in June!

The gallery is called artisan80 and our show is called ... Journey. It opens 4 June and will be open Weds-Sat, 11-5, until 26 June. We'll be at the gallery on Saturdays; on other days it will be tended by Naomi, the gallery owner.

I'm currently free of most other commitments for the next few weeks and should be able to simply go into the studio and make more work - despite my good intentions and new regime (less than a week old - not quite a habit yet) it's still a bit of a struggle to actually Make Work (or even Develop Ideas) for four whole hours a day. I'm certainly enjoying listening to Radio 4 again.

Having a clear work surface at the start of the day is wonderful - but it might be better to leave it in a state where I can simply carry on, the way that some writers stop work in the middle of a sentence so that they can quickly get back into their task.

3 comments:

Olga Norris said...

Congratulations! and good luck with it all.
I love your ladder-ish constructs, and I hope that your regime works for you. I'm a great believer in regimes for myself, and I am feverishly trying to construct one as a life raft to save me from sinking in care right now.
Reading your blog is such a spur to me, thanks.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the exhibition! Good luck :)

Looking forward to seeing the photographs.

Alison said...

It seems so scary to book the gallery and print the announcement notice before you've made any/much work - but I know deadlines are very 'inspiring' - I'm very impressed with all your experiments and meanderings.