06 April 2010

Yet more organisation

Every now and then you discover something really obvious that makes life easier.

Some time ago I wrote about some things that made it so much easier to upload photos to blog posts.

Although I've been saving my photos intended for blogging in monthly folders, and trying to remember to name the files so that individual photos can be found easily, by the end of the month there are so many photos in the folder that I've lost track of what's been used, and it takes ages to find anything.

A simple answer has appeared. Within the monthly folder there is now a sub-folder called Archive.
With great delight I drag-and-drop photos already posted on the blog into the Archive folder.

Next step: try to remember to rename the files as soon as they are downloaded into the Pictures folder....

No comments: