01 May 2010

Blogger problem(s)

For some reason, the "Older Posts" link at the bottom of the page has disappeared. So, to look at the posts from a whole month isn't possible - despite my attempt to change the appropriate Setting to "view 31 days". Frustrating! - I use the blog as a reference diary, for those times when you wonder "when was that exhibition anyway..."
The workaround is to click on the last post shown in the sidebar, then when it comes up to click on the last post shown in the sidebar, etc etc, till you get to the end of the month. Tedious! - and not exactly intuitive. But it kinda works.

Another possibility would be to post less! But the blog is where I keep the tidbits that interest me, in a way that I'll (hopefully!) be able to find them again.

Instructions on the internet were not helpful, as Blogger doesn't give me the alternative of downloading the complete template. Is it because I'm using the old editor? I tried the new one and found it awkward (maybe you just get used to doing things the way you're used to doing things...)

Anyone else had this problem?

3 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

I had to go look at my own blog to make sure it wasn't doing the same, and it is not. I've been ignoring blogger's excitement over the "new" templates, etc., taking the stance that I'm doing just fine so if it ain't broke for me, don't fix it. And so I'm not sure why yours is problematic. Unless (and I don't mean to offend because you've probably done this) when you make your template changes you are forgetting to hit the save button. I noticed that when I make changes to one of my sidebar additions, I actually have to save twice. Have you tried editing from the blog by clicking on the little fix-it icons rather than going into the dashboard?

beatrice De said...

L'informatique is a mistery.

A lot of my pictures was not any more visible from I photos ( mac ). Just visible : a frame with the pictures 'numbers. When clic on to them, a black exclamation symbol came up. Michel had to go on the externe box and bring them on back. As it is a long time he had stop working on informatique, he does know all the trics.Meaby it would have been a simple way.
I had friet having loosing a lot of my japan' pictures. Ouf.
On day, was the right hand side pictures who desaperd from the blog. My neibourg, clic on parametre and have them back.
Meaby you can do the same. Go on parametre.
* afficher le contenu original*

Sandy said...

I changed to the new version and found it was alot easier to get photos up. you can fill the upload photos box with photos and then choose them to drop into the place where you really want them.

I haven't had trouble with sidebar gadgets, but I haven't gone too far off the track with them anyway. I rely on the labels and stick the label list on the bottom of the blog. Then I go click on the specific label and can scroll through the posts relevant. So, for instance, you could try clicking on artist or event to try to see when something happened.

the only thing I miss is spell check, but I expect having been an editor you wouldn't have spell problems! I end up having another tab open and google the word...then it suggests things to me but spelled right!

Hope you can get it sorted. Loved the cartoon!
Sandy