19 May 2010

More flotillas

Because the "boats" have an inside and an outside, I'm trying to figure out ways to use both aspects to best effect. What direction should the writing go, where should the date etc go...

The one on the left is a bus journey, and the other is a tube journey - both written with a new pen that has a thick but pointy nib, and has to be held perfectly upright to get a fine line -These three represent the journey from Kensal Rise to Crouch Hill - it included sitting in the sunshine and waiting for the connecting train. They're done with my new brown (sepia sounds better!) pen on three kinds of paper -
Joanne asked about the size of the boats - these three are about 4" (10cm) long and about 1" (2.5cm) at the back. Often they're made of lengthwise strips of A4 paper. I keep a selection of strips in my handbag at all times, along with a few pens (travelling light).

2 comments:

Jackie Kirner said...

I'm entranced by the marks of your travel writing - and its further expansion into printing and stitch. (And I did have to give it a go on a plane trip recently - a smooth flight made for some quite plain marks.)
Looking forward to following more of your works...

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what enlarging or reducing the travel marks on a computer might produce. Thanks for answering my question.
Joannevali