13 November 2010

More printing with puffer paste

More journey lines -
This time I kept to white and black, though I couldn't resist trying a bit of plain red. On this sample of fabric -
the red was a disaster, but overprinting with puffer paste coloured black changed it into something quite usable. The same fabric, just slightly darker, makes a great base for white puffed lines -
You can see where it's been ironed to make the lines puffy, and where it hasn't yet. My plan is to fill in the blank area across the bottom with some stitching.

These 4"x6" fabric samples will have lining fabric bondawebbed onto the back, at which point they'll go puffy -
Adding some heavyish cream paper will make them into nice little books. (Bottom left is some metallic organza for experimentation.)

I'm starting to get more of a feel of where this might be going, as well as what is working in terms of fabric type and coloration. Next time, a new screen perhaps...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just continue to be amazed with what you do with these travel lines. Great work! I look forward to seeing how you incorporate them into a book.
Joanne

beatrice De said...

Smashing *effet*

Friday I will go to a small, very special books publisher, in Vevey. He is making a special exibition. Will send some pictures on your mail, because, on my blog, I will not brack the rythme of the frensh reportage.Coucou from Lausanne.