08 December 2010

Judging a book by its cover?

Instead of wrapping this gift "properly" I made a little folded cover for it. Not as smooth in the hand as the original cover, but somewhat mysterious.... A gold ribbon made it look very festive.

The paper is brown wrapping paper, thoroughly crumpled, with a wax-candle rubbing of the bottom of a glass bowl, followed by pouring/brushing ink over, and then finished off with a coat of acrylic wax for shine and protection. Years ago I made a lot of decorative paper in this way, adding various stamped and stencilled patterns in acrylic paint on top of the ink. Quite time-consuming, but lots of fun.

1 comment:

patty a. said...

Margaret, Thank you for you comment on my blog pattythequiltlady.blogspot dot com. All of the accent fabrics are from my late mother's stash. I check in on your blog everyday to see what you are now doing. I am always suprised and never know what you are into!