19 February 2011

Textile printing - twice this week


As well as fabric to print, on Wednesday I brought in coloured papers to use with a new set of screens ... back to the original type of lines -
Yellows and reds on dark and light grey paper - in fact on the back of the sheets I'd printed last week -
(Learning point: mix the colours before, not on, the screen.)

The other screen has quite a bit of writing; here it is printed on fabric -
Oops that's a badly printed bit of yellow ... when I use that fabric, the messy bit can be filled in with lines of stitching, or appliqued over, or cut away. It's so much more "flexible" to print fabric-that-will-be-cut-up than it is to make a "proper" screen (or other) print, which requires a lot of skill and care. Not that I don't try to get a perfect result, of course ... but even after several weeks of doing this, I'm still learning.

More backing sheets with odd bits printed on them ... these have potential ...

No comments: