04 March 2011

Book du jour

Actually I made this a couple of weeks ago - a version of "pictorial consequences" (aka Exquisite Corpse) -
Well, it helped me cut up and throw out a few more magazines....
My next playful excursion on this theme could be to use non-body-parts, cut from magazines, to build up a head, a torso, legs - inspired by John Stezaker's horse.
This is working towards making a piece for Contemporary Quilt's current challenge, Pictorial Consequences - some have already been submitted and can be recombined on the CQ website.
"Figurative" is truly outside my comfort zone - but hey, that's why it's a challenge!

1 comment:

magsramsay said...

Love these combinations. Wasn't going to join in but these have got me thinking about the potential in a Henry Moore type approach(all those JQ's on the theme a few years ago) Thanks!