28 May 2011

Book du jour

While sorting through some of this week's screenprints I found the gaps made a kind of path -
a path that could be straight as well as crooked -When it came to using these sheets, I wanted to make a set of tiles (stepping stones?) that could be rearranged into various paths. These are 3.5" square, with the paper glued around fairly thin card. Thicker card would be more satisfying - and easier to rearrange.As well as being laid out they can be overlapped -
These are 1.25" square, made with leftover bits of paper -
Nor could I simply put the leftover leftovers into the bin. Something about the layering of the negative space appealed to me -

2 comments:

Jane Housham said...

I think you might have hit on something here that could really bear fruit.

Sue Sharples said...

Really like these Margaret - lots of interesting shapes & patterns from random collaging - you should go into map-making! xx Sue