21 June 2011

Email pleasure


This is what an empty in-box looks like. Those hackers did me a big favour by emptying it out -- and I'm doing myself a big favour by keeping it that way.

The Empty Inbox really helps with reducing my computer time, strangely enough, even though I try to respond immediately. Maybe the prospect of The Empty Inbox keeps the replies shorter?

With gmail, the deleted messages are kept for 30 days, and there's an archive for important stuff (appropriately labelled, for easy deletion when it's no longer important). So it's not like everything is immediately gone forever. It's just out of sight for a while.

This is my "shiny sink" of the computer. Seeing the inbox empty, I want to have less clutter elsewhere on the machine.

Hitting that "delete" button is a great pleasure!

2 comments:

Jane Housham said...

No, no, not the Fly Lady -- I just looked and I don't like her and her ideas. I don't care if my sink isn't shiny! Who knows where a shiny sink will lead if she has her way.

Linda B. said...

Oh I am so impressed. I once got my message tally down to <50 but it has crept up to ***, she says, hanging her head in shame.