12 August 2011

Connections

This quilt - by Bethan Hughes - has a personal connection. We were in a workshop together at a recent Contemporary Quilt summer school - during which there was a bit of swapping of materials going on - the music paper that Bethan has used at the bottom of this piece brought it all back -
Bethan has taken up the odd spot of "travelwriting" and showed me the jiggly bit of her journey from north Wales -
That summer school workshop was useful to Bethan; she said it was tough, but she pushed through - to the point of bravely cutting her work into smaller pieces. One of the toughest parts for me was trying to use (her) paper with text on it! The memory of it all made me reconsider the pieces I started there - if and when they resurface, I'll definitely chop and reconfigure them.

No comments: