18 November 2011

Book du jour - Route

After my limp presentation of the evolving "Route" books, I reworked their innards somewhat, changed the font, and gave them some faux-old covers -
 The covers consist of a printout of a scanned "vintage" book cover, to get the book-cloth effect, with the title page of the pamphlet laid on top. A bit of jiggling of colour values resulted in the variations. Then I stapled the section onto the endpapers, covered the staples with a strip of book-cloth to make the spine, and sandwiched the whole thing between boards covered with the printed covers.
The greyish version uses cover paper folded round corrugated plastic and is very light. Its pages are wrinkled because in my haste I forgot to put newsprint between the endpaper and the pages - so the moisture from the glue went into the pages. Live and learn...

No comments: