03 March 2012

Book du jour - Nightgown

Years ago in a papermaking course I did a lot of embossed squares, some using parts of a favourite nightgown. The 5" mold available was so lovely to work with...

After scanning them in and a bit of layout in Indesign, I printed them out on ordinary paper -
Cut them apart and re-joined into a long strip -
A close-up - rather eerie ...
In a black mountboard cover, the black background makes sense. I'll try scanning with a white background, and printing on better paper.

This has nothing to do with my "everyday journeys" project, but some book fairs are coming up.

3 comments:

Jane Housham said...

Looks beautiful.

Dijanne Cevaal said...

They are really lovely- I am amazed at how the texture continues to show up int he new document you created.

sociedaddediletantes.blogspot.com.es said...

It seems a folder map. Your works are very interesting.