22 September 2017

Sunny morning, Parkland Walk



The start

The view, revealed by a bit of tree-cutting near a bridge

The occasional jogger

Leaving the Parkland Walk

Descent to Crouch End

The destination

The coffee shop has some books available for perusal - I picked up Life on Earth by David Attenborough, published in 1979 and quickly reprinted 10 times that year. Amazing photos, in a pre-digital era, including this lacewing in flight
and the sort of fantasy island that you might find as a map on the endpapers of escapist reading for 10-year-olds -
 Back home (6000 steps before 9am), this surprise in the garden - one of the neriums planted some years back has decided to revive -


2 comments:

patty a. said...

I am jealous you have so many different places to go for your walks with lots of interesting places to see and visit along the way. Here it is not that photogenic or interesting. I enjoy seeing the places you walk and visit.

Sharne Gregory said...

I love nerines, I have some in bud in my garden. The last of my autumn flowering plants.