26 September 2006

Show'n'tell at London Quilters

Tricia's "Dark Star" consists of blocks supplied by other members - mostly brights but with the dark purple one fitted in too.
To quilt it, she sewed round the motif on the backing.
Emily's silk quilt has a velvet border and will be a wedding present.To help strengthen the joins, she used threads from the fabrics to make these stars, which look gorgeous on the back. The back is black with a central strip of turquoise.
The group project is a Dear Jane quilt, using 4 1/2" blocks.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

I love the quilt with the stars. Quilting with silk must be challenging! It turned out beautifully.

Ferret said...

How do I find out about meetings of London quilters? I know there is a region 1 Quilters Guild meeting coming soon but I have a prior comitment that day. I would like to meet more quilters and see what else is going on.