16 January 2008

Knitted blood??

This hit my inbox along with some even grislier "extreme knitting" - lots of knitted "blood" oozing from unfortunate wounds, that sort of thing -
It brought to mind the subversive garments knit by Freddie Robins, like these gloves inspired by Struwwelpeter - the story of the boy who sucked his thumb until the scissors-man came and cut it off.
You can get the pattern for these on the V&A's website, which also has other knitting information. (Or, use red mohair to darn the holes in your existing gloves.)

2 comments:

The WestCountryBuddha said...

Hi Margaret. Hope you don't mind, but I forwarded the photo of the rabbit to my DD2 who is just starting to learn to knit. I know she'll find it as hilarious as I do. Quite the funniest thing I've seen in weeks!

Linda B. said...

Another one for your gruesome collection - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8880673