11 August 2008

As good as it gets

I'm heading off to Birmingham, for the Festival of Quilts, and a three-day class that starts tomorrow. Before going, I decided to get the workroom in good shape to come back to. For months the bed had been heaped, dauntingly, with ... everything - but no longer!
I found that long piece lying cumpled among the heaps, and have started to rescue it. It will have more layers of sheers, and then be quilted with close parallel rows lengthwise. The quilting will pause for rows of bugle beads to be added, going across the piece like snow fences across the prairie.
This photo is by Richard A Shuff. While I was living on the prairie - 1979 or so - I never thought to take photos of the snow fences.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hope you enjoy the FOQ. I'll be there too on Thursday and Saturday. So much to see so little time!