02 September 2008

Another Sunday in the country

Off early along the M40 - in the murk.Beyond the Buckinghamshire-Oxfordshire border the road drops down from the hills, usually a great view. This time we were cheered by the brighter sky.
I love this hillside, even in the rain -After sorting stuff out in the boatyard, we headed towards Banbury. Here's the famous Banbury Cross -
And some advertising from pre-internet days -
The town has a great cookshop, lots of temptation --
More murk and torrents of rain on the way home. Photographing the spray kept me busy. Watch out pedestrians!
And then there was this. Most cars were turning back, but we saw a cyclist going through, and the water only came just over his chain -
that water did make the car smell rather. The cyclist looked pretty disgusted, too.

1 comment:

RHONDA said...

It's raining here in Dubbo, too. For the second time this week, no less! I just wish it was as much as I can see in these photos...(sigh)
Thanks for the photo of Banbury Cross. I don't think I've ever seen it before, and my great-grandfather was apparently born close by it.