18 January 2009

Wednesday class, week 2

It's about tone - first, a demo of how to build up tone -
We'd all brought an object to draw, but didn't realise we'd be spending the entire day making the one drawing, in our choice of colour(s).
My bowl of rocks might not have been the best choice. I got confused between the pattern on the rocks and shells (and bowl) and using tone to make them look like 3D objects. And the shape of the bowl was somewhat challenging ... but carefully carefully it proceeded -
By afternoon tea break I was ready to try again, to start all over again from scratch, and to more boldly go -
Half an hour later we put our work up on the wall - what variety!
Next week we bring in all sorts of "materials". Something surprising is bound to happen.

1 comment:

Sandra Wyman said...

I'm really enjoying your art school posts, Margaret. My classes are at a lower level than yours - probably more suited to where I'm starting from - and I've just added a printing class. I'm fascinated to see what the REAL art students are doing!