29 June 2009

Digital 1

The project for the three days of this module is to make a short video, maximum 5 minutes, with music or sound of our own making.

First we did a drawing to amplify and extend our written description of the inside of the mouth. Then just before lunch we were shown how to use the cameras and sent out to find images, working in pairs. Juan decided to collect keyholes -
I had a complicated little scenario planned, but while unwrapping my kitkat (chocolate bar) at lunchtime, I had another (simpler) idea.

It's in the can -
And here's a taster -
Of course the change of plan meant doing a completely different worksheet to back it up -
Homework is to research Yoko Ono and give a one-minute presentation. I realised I knew nothing about her art work - she's truly a famous unknown artist.
Other people's homework involved Sam Taylor Wood, Nam June Paik, Gillian Wearing, Dan Graham, Paul McCarthy, Bill Viola, Bruce Nauman, Pipilotti Rist , Steve McQueen, Gilbert and George, Charles Atlas

Even just a brief look at stills while finding links for these artists was quite an education - "time-based" work is new to me - you have to be patient to watch it ....

No comments: