03 February 2010

Overwhelmed

Well, I love showing people how to make "little books". Three-hole pamphlet stitch can be a revelation (and so easy once you know how) --- even for people who "don't sew".

And if anyone shows the least bit of interest in learning how to make a simple book, I'll drop everything to show them. It's a pleasure.

So, yesterday, in the course of events, I showed Glenda how to make a book with three-hole pamphlet stitch, and then got back to doing whatever...

Today, to my surprise and, well, stupefaction, I was presented with the second-ever book she made - which I will treasure - and some yummmmmmmy chocolates -It's made me think about two things: how we take "the things that come easily to us" for granted, and how we really do need to stop and say thank you to our friends more often.

No comments: