19 September 2010

New size, old theme

These unfinished pieces are 5" x 5" - little bits of "landscape" with things floating round in the sky. My plan is to stitch them to either a dark or light bit of fabric to frame them, then mount them on heavy paper. These have a layer of batting/wadding behind them, but it's not really necessary - in fact, flatter is better.They combine dyed fabric, printed fabric, scraps picked up off the floor, mark-making techniques, random stitching -- and were put together in a kind of happy daze.

My plan was (still is) to make a bunch of them quickly, then put them away for a while and see if any look good to me in a few months. While I'm making bigger pieces, I collect the scraps for "little landscapes" and sometimes one gets put together almost unconsciously.

No comments: