12 November 2010

Arrival of the wood

Soon, soon -- this wood (and mdf) will become wall cupboards -
The room has been cleared (somewhat) to provide working space -
The idea is to put sturdy battens on the wall, and to build the framework and then "offer it up", after which shaker-style doors will go on. White paint will be used at some point. The wood was all cut to size by the timber merchant, and delivered this morning. Thomas can hardly wait to get started, and I can hardly wait to be finished.

Thomas is happy to undertake similar commissions elsewhere - but beware, he's a bit of a slave-driver when it comes to getting your stuff out of the way (which is no bad thing for leave-it-to-the-last-minute people like me).

3 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

I couldn't even stand to watch and take pictures. I tell what I want and disappear for a few days.

Unknown said...

Its taking shape :) Hold on in there - will soon be finished :)

beatrice De said...

Progress, progress !