27 May 2011

And didn't it rain!

Are these the April Showers we missed last month, or a hint of storms to come throughout the summer? It's the sunspot maximum, which could affect weather ...

Throughout the day there were rumbles of thunder and fusillades of rain on the (leaky) glass roof of the studio. At closing time, the sky was still dark and there were intermittent patterings on the glass. Brian kindly supplied me with binbags to protect the work, and even found an umbrella. Waiting for the bus, I was so grateful for that umbrella!When the drops started jumping back into the air, I fumbled beneath the binbags for the camera - of course just at that moment my bus finally arrived -
Another queasy attempt -
I was surprised at how the photos caught those moments. Or have I reinterpreted the wetness of the wait in the light of what the photos show?

One thought for further developing my journey lines project is to incorporate photography, and this is on the road to the kind of photography I sort of have in mind.

No comments: