08 March 2015

Ceramics week 8

A week ago I made these in preparation for Monday's class -
The two in the centre got dipped. Based on the difficulty and floppiness and general mess of it all, I'm using sturdier wire for the next batch.

But first - these came out of the kiln - earthenware casting slip, fired to stoneware -
They're heavier than the porcelain, and not as white.



Also, some bits of paper clay -
And this is what went into the kiln -
It includes more paperclay, with snippets of metallic organza incorporated, rolled out with a hexagonal pencil. 

8 comments:

Sandy said...

I love all of these. a preservation of the memory of fabric.
Sandy

Sandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cate Rose said...

Simply stunning!!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Such interesting shapes & draping.

Yvonne said...

Really interesting Margaret.

beatrice De said...

I recognize your creativity.

beatrice De said...

If you have time to go on my blog, T have put my shops windows. Some of them. Go before the Nil. I will put more later on.